History of AOFPD.

There was an informational meeting held on December 6th 1948 between the Argenta Fire Department and the Oreana Fire Department to talk about the possibility of becoming one Fire Protection District.

The Argenta-Oreana Fire Protection District was voted in, in the spring on 1951.  The organization meeting was held June 28th 1951 with the following officers and trustees: Lawrence Bennett, president; Hugh Martin, secretary; Lynn McConkey, treasurer; Charles Gorenflo, trustee.

The Volunteer firemen organized December 10th 1951 with the following officers: Harvey Myers, president; LeRoy Carroll, vice president; Glenn Schall, secretary; and Charles Long, treasure.

Rena Wallace’s Garage was rented for a fire house.  The first new piece of equipment was a 1951 ford truck with a john Bean high pressure outfit at Argenta with a 1937 Chevrolet truck on standby.  At Oreana, a 1951 ford truck with a Howe volume pump outfit.  This truck was stored in a new building erected on A & O Grain Co. ground in Oreana.   


© 2022 Argenta-Oreana Fire Department